- 1. Introduction
- 2. Collecting Information
- 3. Use of information
- 4. Sharing your information
- 5. Your data rights
- 6. Your data choices
- 7. Contact us
We collect some of your personal information, as they are necessary for Homework Lab’s service provision. As a User of this platform, the said information is limited to your email address, phone number, or Facebook ID.
Of course, you may choose not to share this information with us. However, please remember that while you can liberally browse our website, you will not be able to create a personal account and enjoy Homework Lab’s free and paid services. Moreover, it is worth noting that we also collect, use, and process the following information that is not vital for our services:
- information you provided directly;
- information collected automatically;
- information received from other sources.
The process of sharing your information directly is when you fill out your profile or a form containing all the necessary information you deem appropriate - educational background, school, phone number, and etc. Simply put, there are no third parties involved in this process.
Information collected automatically
The following information is collected automatically when you use our Platform:
- A. Log information: your IP address, browser version, frequency and duration of your visits to our website, and the pages you visited during your stay on the Platform;
- B. Device information: your desktop or mobile device that you used to log in or visit Homework Lab, including your device’s hardware model, operating system, and screen resolution;
- C. Location information: your device location when you create or access your account at homework-lab.com;
Information received from other sources
We might receive information about you from other sources when these third-party sources have your consent to share it with us.
If you choose to create your account or log in to your account using a third - party social media website/s such as Facebook, we will receive access to certain information about your account from that service. Specifically, we will receive your email that you used to create your Facebook account. This particular information is crucial, as it enables you to access the Platform’s free and paid services.
This pertains to the following:
- gender, sexuality, and orientation;
- medical condition;
- political opinions;
- religious beliefs.
To assure you, we at Homework Lab do not collect the aforementioned sensitive information. Please bear in mind that we will not store or process this type of information if you share it with us. Homework Lab will not be held responsible for any sensitive information that you choose to share with other Users of the Platform.
Online privacy protection of children
Homework Lab is not intended for use by any individual under eighteen (18) years of age and will not intentionally collect information about anyone under that age.
Use of information
Legal basis for processing and using your information
The legal basis for using, collecting, and processing your information is described in the previous section of this Policy. It is worth noting that this highly depends on the context. Here are the reasons why we process and use your information:
- to utilize the information you shared with us, as it is vital for our services. We need it to give you access to our Platform’s paid and free features;
- to process information about you when it is in our legitimate interest to do so. For instance, we may need to use it for fraud prevention purposes, or to enhance our systems security.
- to improve your overall experience with Homework Lab;
- to communicate with you;
- to protect your interests and the interests of other users of the platform, as we might be legally obliged to collect information about you and might need it in the future.
Information usage - platform modification, improvement and operation
This is how your information is used to facilitate the full operation, modification, and improvement of the Platform:
- to maintain, modify and, improve our Platform. Specifically, to process monetary transactions, develop new services, launch new products, and enhance the performance of Homework Lab;
- to control and monitor website usage and to analyze trends to improve the experiences of all the Platform’s Users and visitors;
- to investigate and avoid fraudulent activities or transactions;
- to prevent and limit abusive activities that violate our Honor Code and Terms and Conditions of Use;
- to protect the rights of all Users;
- to ensure the safety of all Users;
- to conduct statistical analysis and perform administrative tasks or accounting operations.
Data usage - communication and contact
We use the information we collect for communication purposes. What do we mean? We mean that we are tasked:
- to provide you with customer support and service;
- to answer and attend to your inquiries;
- to send you news and technical updates;
- to conduct surveys;
- to notify you about updates when you communicate with other platform Users. That is, if you permit us to do so.
Other uses of information
We also use information about you to show you content and platform features that match your profile. We might use it for promotions.
1. Third parties and state/local authorities
We share information about you with third parties and with authorities. Why? Because we need to comply with legal obligations and to protect our own legal rights. Further, we might transfer your information to other countries for the same reasons.s
2. Other countries
3. Service providers
We use third - party services to process your payments and send you emails. Moreover, we also need to host data, manage advertisement, and provide technical support services.
We authorize these service providers to utilize only certain information about you for them to conduct their operations.
Rest assured that they do not violate the rules of access to your information.
4. Security reasons
We employ various technical and organizational measures to ensure that your information is safe with us. In particular, all information that you choose to share with us is protected against unauthorized access, modification, disclosure, and other use.
We store all your information securely, as our trained employees are familiar with all our data protection policies. Furthermore, we at Homework Lab assure you that only employees with appropriate levels of authorization have access to your information.
Furthermore, at this day and age, we constantly test our hardware and software for possible vulnerabilities and undertake all necessary measures to protect your information against data or security breaches.
In that regard, we also need your help and full cooperation. Thus, we require you not to share your passwords with anyone, not even your family member or best friend. Be sure to create a strong password, and avoid employing the same password that you use in other accounts.
Your data rights
As a User of this Platform, you are granted the following rights:
- to access and change your information;
- to ask Homework Lab to permanently delete your information;
- to request restricted processing of your data;
- to request for your information to be downloaded for your own personal;
- to opt - out of marketing - related communications and promotions;
- to withdraw your consent for our processing and storing your information;
- to complain to your local data authority figures about our data collection process.
Your data choices
In this section, you are entitled:
- to change, review, or download your information;
- to ask us to completely, or in part delete you database;
- to unsubscribe from our promotional and marketing messages.
1. Changing and reviewing your information
You may review and update or delete all, or in part your account information by accessing your profile page on our platform. You can also change the information we store about you by sending us a message to email@example.com.
2. Deleting your database record
You may request us to delete your database record by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Opting out of communication (i.e. Unsubscribe)
You are free to withdraw from our promotional or marketing communications (emails) by clicking “Unsubscribe” in our emails.
If you want to stop receiving messages from us such as status updates, technical and security notifications, or any other form of electronic communication, please don’t hesitate to send us an email to email@example.com
Downloading your information
You have the option to download all the information you shared with Homework Lab. Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to receive a data file containing all your information.
Your choices regarding cookies