Most Complete List of Religion Essay Topics to Write About
Choosing a thought-provoking religion topic can be a challenging task as the issue is both sensitive and time-consuming because it always takes some research and an effort. Have no worries because we have already done the work for you and collected 50 thought-provoking religion essay topics that your professor will definitely approve! ☺
The Art of Writing on Religion
One of the most important tasks, before you start writing an essay on religion, is choosing the right type of paper. Based on our experience, we can assert that most essays on religion are argumentative. As you might already know, when you have to write an argumentative essay, your task is to investigate a topic and establish your position in a concise manner. Therefore, writing of a religion essay grants you a chance to demonstrate your critical thinking skills and show your college professor that you have done some research!
Actual Religion Essay Topic Paper Samples
There is nothing better than seeing an actual example of a paper that you can follow because it helps students to feel more confident and secure about their own future work. With this thought in mind, we have composed a list of the actual religion topics from our vast essay database that you can look through to get a better idea of what and how to write your own religion paper.
- Ethnic Church Observation – A paper based on observation of the Georgian Orthodox Church where the service is given as a starting point. See how the author uses the reflection of the foreign traditions to show symbolism, ways of communication, and diversity.
- A Visit to the Bochasanwasi Akshar Purushottam Sanstha – A great paper that relates to a branch of Hinduism and serves as a unique personal reflection that is philosophical and ethically-correct.
- Islam as a Cultural and Historical Phenomenon – This paper is not only telling of how Islam has originated but also makes a comparison with other religions, which is a great idea to start your own paper and include some research.
- Religious Tenets – A more complex paper that speaks of a complex religious term that is almost a geographical location for the three main monotheistic religions. If you are about to challenge yourself, pay attention to the structure and a number of sources!
Now that you have looked through the actual examples, we are happy to present you with 50 great and tutor-verified religion essay topics to write about!
Thinking Food: 50 Best Religion Essay Topics to Write About
- The Creation/Evolution controversy in the battle for cultural power.
- Theology of Evolution.
- The roots and effects of America’s debate over science and religion.
- Creationism vs. Evolution: is there a room for compromise?
- Evolution as a religion: roots, consequences, and implications.
- Biblical archeology and its top discoveries.
- Critique of the Intelligent Design Theory.
- The Trojan Horse of Creationism.
- Not so impeccable science: pitfalls of Darwin’s theory.
- DNA and Intelligent design: where’s the common ground?
- Role of religion in coping with mental health problems.
- Effect of spirituality on healthcare delivery.
- Religion and aging: theoretical integration.
- Relationship between prayer and a mental health.
- Is there any common ground between religion and psychoanalysis?
- Integrating LGBT individuals in a religious community: mission impossible?
- Effect of the Protestant church on the rise of gay rights.
- How can LGBT individuals come to terms with religion?
- Coming to terms with religion vs. coming to terms with the church: understanding the difference and implications.
- Ways to reframe the church’s debate on same-sex relationships.
- Spiritual dimension of sex.
- Sexuality and the Bible.
- Interpretation of sex and sexuality in Christianity.
- Buddhist explorations of sexuality.
- Pauline ethics: holiness/sexuality dichotomy.
- Role of religion in the American workplace.
- Showing respect for diversified religious values in the modern workplace.
- Servant leadership: a step to a meeting of the followers’ spiritual needs.
- Why employers fail to provide religious accommodations in the workplace, and what can be done about it?
- The Workplace Religious Freedom Act: reasons, problems, and implications.
- Can a scientist be a believer? Why or why not?
- Science and religion: always parallel or intersecting dimensions?
- Ideas beyond the science vs. religion debate.
- What do scientists think about faith?
- The consonance of science and technology.
- The religious life of American teenagers.
- Should American children be taught the foundations of Christian ethics at school?
- The impact of media on teenagers’ perception of religion and spirituality.
- The effect of church attendance on teenagers’ moral beliefs.
- The role of church guideline in the emotional and social formation of an adolescent.
- Religious imagination of women: roots, effects, and implications.
- The place of women in Africana Religions.
- Gender stereotypes in religion and the ways to confront them.
- Traditional vs. contemporary view of women in Judaism.
- Women in Roman religion.
- Feminization of the clergy in the United States: reasons, effects, and implications.
- The worldviews of clergywomen and their implications for modern religious education.
- The reasons for which women become the priests.
- The roles and responsibilities of women as described in Christian texts and their implications for the present day life.
- Ordination of women: from the Early Middle Ages to the present days.
As you can see, the majority of the topics relate to the present-day issues, so it is always important to remember that you have to remain caring, tolerant, and sensitive when you write about religion. Your opinion matters and it is the key to success to state it in the right way, therefore, you should not forget that any uncaring word or strong rhetorics can hurt someone’s feelings!
Do not forget that majority of suggested religion essay topics are relevant to the fields of sociology, education, healthcare, nursing, and the other sciences. Choosing each of these topics is a step to passing your assignment with flying colors☺. Still, if you are stuck with a topic choice or feel that your draft of a paper is not good enough, there is no need to worry because the help is out there! Just fill in the simple form below and let our professional team of Geeks help you do the rest!
Add your task and
get connected to a geek